THE UNTITLED SPACE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Untitled Space art gallery is currently reviewing applications for candidates available for a full-time or part-time position as an Art Gallery Intern with room for advancement to an assistant position.
The Untitled Space specializes in emerging and established contemporary artists exploring conceptual framework and boundary-pushing ideology through mediums of painting, sculpture, printmaking, photography, video and performance art. The Untitled Space is committing to exploring new ideas vis-à-vis traditional and new mediums and highlights a program of “Women in Art,” as well as special events aligned with our creative vision.
Exhibitions include “EDEN” at SPRING/BREAK Art Show, “ONE YEAR OF RESISTANCE”, “SHE INSPIRES”, “DEFINING FORM”, “UPRISE/ ANGRY WOMEN”, “In The Raw: The Female Gaze On The Nude”, SCOPE Miami, AQUA Art Miami, and “(Hotel) XX” at SPRING/BREAK Art Show 2018. Special events include fundraisers “Project Literacy” and “Passion for Freedom” as well as events for SEE|ME and TEDx.
Applicants should have a background in art or art history, a strong interest in contemporary art and artists, and be versed with all major social media platforms. Previous art gallery or similar experience is preferred although not required.
– An educational focus in Art History, Studio Art or related field of study.
– Prior experience working in an art gallery, auction house or museum is preferred
– Strong interest in contemporary art and artists
– Thorough knowledge of contemporary art in general
– Possess excellent written and verbal communication
– Positive attitude and strong social skills
– Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
– Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word and Excel), WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite including basic knowledge of programs such as Photoshop, Bridge, InDesign
– Strong knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest.
– Fluent in English, other languages such as French or Italian are a plus.
Daily responsibilities could include:
– Assist with gallery operations
– Assist with press releases and online coverage of exhibitions
– Assist with research for upcoming exhibitions
– Assist with social media marketing and communications
– Assist with gallery openings and events
– Assist with art handling and shipping
Internship applicants must be available a minimum of 3 months full time or part-time.
Please send your resume and a recent photo as well as a link to your website or blog if you have one.
Please detail your previous experience and qualifications.
Please note if you are available full-time or part-time. If you are applying for part-time please note which days per week you are available (must be minimum 3 days/week).
All applicants must be available for a meeting at our New York office and live in New York City or within commuting distance.
The internship may include a stipend to be negotiated or school credit if relevant.
No calls or walk-ins, please!
Recent exhibits: https://vdg2vvysy42.c.updraftclone.com/exhibits/
Recent Press: https://vdg2vvysy42.c.updraftclone.com/featured-press/
Artsy Gallery Profile: https://www.artsy.net/the-untitled-space/
CONTACT US FOR AN APPLICATION HERE: